Thursday, December 2, 2010

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
Hardcover, 452 pages
Penguin Group, USA, Incorporated
October 2010

Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of a sexy alpha wolf, Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers.

But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known.

By following her heart, she might lose everything-including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice
----------------------------------------------------

First off I am disappointed in myself in how long I spent reading this book. School and work seem to be taking up alot of my time lately.

Second this may have a few not so important spoilers in it. I will avoid spoilers that are crucial to the storyline but if you wish to remain spoiler free than do not read this just know for me it gets 5 out of 5 stars.

This book is really full of so many questions and choices. By the end you are pretty much in the same spot as Calla is. You won't know whether to love Shay or Ren. You may be question who is good or bad the Keepers or the Searchers? It is absolutely a good book. I was really into it but I am still torn between Ren or Shay. Most books with two possible love interest I can chose easily which "team" I am routing for, however, I can not for this book.

For Ren, we have "roughness" so to speak. His ability to let every girl fall for him and he just adds them as another notch on his belt but when he is with Calla he is different. He tries to use his smooth sexually ways on her but she stands her ground and won't break the rules.

Then for Shay, you have his vulnerability. How he may understand or be learning exactly what is going on for Ren and Calla but still has hopes that he can be Calla's love. His determination to prove he is not afraid of Ren or Calla's pack. How he befriends both packs in an act to show his determination as well as piss off Ren.

The rivalry between Ren and Shay really makes it even harder to choose who your heart wants. You can't just go 'Ooo Ren/Shay you will so win Calla' because even you don't know who to chose.

Towards the end I did get really confused with the whole are the Keepers good or are the Searchers. There are so many lies between the worlds that with them all be revealed and then said to be lies you are pretty much in Calla's boat not knowing which is the truth and which is a lie.

As stated before I loved this book to much to give it less than the full amount of 5 Stars. I hate that it is a cliffhanger ending and I have to wait for the next book but I will live and dream of Ren and Shay.

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO Ren. However, I may change my mind later. We will see. :) Great review. I enjoyed this book too.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I look forward to hearing your thoughts either on the book or my review or whatever is posted. Thanks!

(I read all my comments and will comment back whether it be on here or your blog)