Sunday, April 17, 2011

Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride

Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride
Hardcover, 352 pages
Holt, Henry & Company
October 2010

A prank brings Sam to the attention of Douglas, a creepy guy with an intense violent streak. Turns out Douglas is a necromancer who raises the dead for cash and sees potential in Sam. Then Sam discovers he's a necromancer, too.

Sam leads a pretty normal life. He may not have the most exciting job in the world, but he’s doing all right—until a fast food prank brings him to the attention of Douglas, a creepy guy with an intense violent streak.

Turns out Douglas is a necromancer who raises the dead for cash and sees potential in Sam. Then Sam discovers he’s a necromancer too, but with strangely latent powers. And his worst nightmare wants to join forces . . . or else.

With only a week to figure things out, Sam needs all the help he can get. Luckily he lives in Seattle, which has nearly as many paranormal types as it does coffee places. But even with newfound friends, will Sam be able to save his skin?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is most definitely not your typical paranormal novel. Ultimately, that is what drew my attention to even buying the book. I have found lately I am getting annoyed with the vampire, werewolves, wraiths, etc paranormal books.


I loved how this novel doesn't start with the main character knowing exactly what paranormal creature they are. In fact, Sam was clueless about it which I loved about it. I also really loved that everything about it is so realistic like. I mean like, Sam's place of employment is a fast food restaurant the author did a really great job illustrating the atmosphere at the restaurant. It seemed believable, realistic, something that can happen.


There is not really anything negative I could say about this novel just because it was different so I was wanting to read it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I look forward to hearing your thoughts either on the book or my review or whatever is posted. Thanks!

(I read all my comments and will comment back whether it be on here or your blog)