Sunday, October 2, 2011

Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles

Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles
Hardcover, 320 pages
Walker & Company
August 2011



Luis Fuentes has always been sheltered from the gang violence that nearly destroyed his brothers’ lives. But that hasn’t stopped him from other thrill-seeking behavior—like scaling a mountain in the Rockies or dreaming of a future as an astronaut. Nikki Cruz lives her life by three rules—boys lie to get their way, don’t trust a boy who says "I love you," and never date a boy from the south side of Fairfield. Then she meets Luis at his brother Alex’s wedding, and suddenly she’s tempted to break all her rules.Getting Nikki to take a chance on a south sider is Luis’s biggest challenge, until he finds himself targeted by Chuy Soto, the new head of the Latino Blood. When Chuy reveals a disturbing secret about Luis’s family, the youngest Fuentes finds himself questioning everything he’s ever believed to be true. Will his feelings for Nikki be enough to stop Luis from entering a dark and violent world?________________________________________________________

AS ALWAYS, Simone did an excellent job with this book. I could not put it down. I was glad I did not work the next day as I stayed up until 2am reading this book. Keep in mind I started it at 7pm.

Like the other two Perfect Chemistry novels this one features one of the Fuentes brothers, ties in the gang relations, not their typical girlfriend type of girl. If you have read the other two books than you can predict how this one will go however, don't let that stop you from reading it. Luis Fuentes is completely different from Alex and Carlos. For starters he is not a trouble maker and gets straight A's. That is all I will tell you about this book. I can not say anymore without ruining the story.

If you have read the books you may not realize it but, they should be read in order. The reason I say this is because aside from the first novel each one ties in the others. Chain Reaction really ties in the other two. If you are someone who has not read any in the series here the order they were released and that I believe you should read them:
Perfect Chemistry
Rules of Attraction
Chain Reaction

My only question with this novel after I finished was "Where is Simone going to take the series next if she continues? She has already covered all the Fuentes brothers."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I look forward to hearing your thoughts either on the book or my review or whatever is posted. Thanks!

(I read all my comments and will comment back whether it be on here or your blog)