Saturday, July 31, 2010

New Books are Fun(1)


So today my mother and I went to a few used book stores and borders. I was mainly looking for two specific books but of course I brought my list of books I wanted to buy with me.
I was going for just two books and ended up getting 8 books total. They are all listed below. The ones that have a * next to them are in a series and are NOT the first book in that series.


The Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale
Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin
A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin
Envy by Anna Godbersen*
Flawless by Sara Shepard*
Perfect by Sara Shepard*

If you have read any of these books and want to leave some feedback or have a review on them please post that information in a comment. THANKS.

Also please note that the book I am currently reading has changed to one of the ones I bought. I have decided to stop reading the other book and start this one because I like to read an entire series in order before moving on; otherwise I would forget what is going on in the series.

3 comments:

  1. That looks like a great pile of book. I have only read Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin but it was very good. I reviewed it on my blog a few months back. It was a very quick read and really makes you think.

    I am always a sucker for a good catch phrase and this book has a great one. “Sometimes a girl needs to lose.” I think that it really sets up the theme of the book. The story is about losing yourself and finding yourself again and sometimes (like the line suggests) it is the mistakes, wrong turns, and failed relationships that shape who we are and the decisions we make in the future. I really enjoyed reading this book and rooting for Naomi, Will, and even James.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I wanted to tell you that you won an award! Stop by my blog Book Infinity to recieve the Versatile Blogger Award!
    http://avacypher-bookinfinity.blogspot.com/2010/07/giving-out-blogger-award.html

    P.S. Book of a Thousand Days is good, and A Great and Terrible Beauty is amazing! I haven't read any of the others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to remember to get Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin next time I am at the bookstore. I wrote it down. I read The Luxe by Anna Godbersen quite awhile ago -- I liked it. I have something cool planned for reviewing the series on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I look forward to hearing your thoughts either on the book or my review or whatever is posted. Thanks!

(I read all my comments and will comment back whether it be on here or your blog)