Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Pretty Little Things by Teresa Mummert

Pretty Little Things by Teresa Mummert
Self Published
March 11, 2014
Kindle Edition
Estimated 251 pages
New Adult Romance


I was young enough not to understand that my life was different. Colin became the one person that I could count on to protect me. He suffered for the both of us by carrying the burden of our secret.
We were the lucky few that got a chance to start over. A fake family, a new home and a pretty little life built on lies. But while our lives continued to intertwine, we were put on very different paths. Now it was only a matter of time before they collide and the beast behind the beauty is exposed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

          I was gifted this book from Teresa Mummert, herself, because my preorder fell through and it came out the day my son had open heart surgery. I was disappointed when I saw my preorder hadn't worked. I was sitting in the waiting room while my son was already taken back for his surgery. I had it planned to spend the 4-6 hours of estimated wait for my son's surgery reading Pretty Little Things. So, when I discovered my preorder hadn't gone through I was upset. Then, Teresa saw me entering a giveaway for it, explaining why I wanted it not just because it was a book I had been wanting to read but also for the distraction of the negative thoughts that would go through my head waiting for my son during his surgery. I was very, very happy when she messaged me for my email address so I could have this book.

        I hooked from page one with this book. If it weren't for my son's open heart surgery I fully believe I would have read this whole book in one day. I absolutely loved it. Collin and Annie's relationship from their past to present you could really feel as you were reading it. One of my absolute favorite things was how each chapter was either Annie's or Collin's (and Jacob's a couple times) perspectives. I absolutely love it when books do that. You really, truly then get the idea of what it is like in each of their heads. I loved even more how Annie's chapters were labelled as Annie (present day) or Annabel (the girl from their past).
 
             You could see them both running from their attraction to each other simply based on their past. At points, I wanted to scream at the book "OPEN YOUR EYES ANNIE, COLLIN LOVES YOU" but I didn't. I loved being able to get a feel of their past when they slept and dreamt about it. It was definitely a twist I never thought of for a story. The strength Collin and Annie have from that is very well defined in the book.

           You really got a feel that Collin was this protective, asshole to Annie- afraid to let his true self out around her. You also saw he used women to let his "frustration" out. Annie was very well defined as a rebel. She did anything and everything she could to see how far she could push Collin. The fear they lived with daily was also very well captured.

        I truly, really, LOVED this book. I am very thankful that Teresa made sure I had it.

Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I look forward to hearing your thoughts either on the book or my review or whatever is posted. Thanks!

(I read all my comments and will comment back whether it be on here or your blog)