Monday, June 16, 2014

Tag Chaser by Kandi Steiner

Tag Chaser by Kandi Steiner
Self Published by Kandi Steiner
October 13, 2013
Kindle Edition
Estimated 330 pages
New Adult Romance


Paisley Bronson is a 27 year old successful advertising professional, but the most exciting part of her life happens outside of work. Claiming the life of a Tag Chaser toward the end of her college career has taught her one thing: Never get too close. She has enjoyed her dating lifestyle, but when her best friend makes a bet that she won't ever be able to date a normal guy, her competitive nature takes control and she vows to change the game.

When Paisley meets the incredibly handsome and practically perfect Corbin Ray, she begins to think keeping her word might be easier than she thought. But when an accidental discovery reveals that Corbin is in the Army, she knows she must run the other way and never look back. Although it kills her, she aims to move on and look for a new prospect.

There's just one small problem.

Paisley's been assigned a new client at work, and his name is Corbin Ray.

Will Paisley and Corbin give in to the chemistry between them, or will their past and present complications keep them apart?

Fall in love with this fun and irresistibly naughty game of cat and mouse.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                OMG! Where do I begin. I loved this book. Paisley and Corbin's journey to love was incredible to read about. My favorite part of the whole book was that it didn't start easy. Paisley had her bet with Kenz that hindered her journey with Corbin.

        The way the characters were described was incredible. You could relate in some way to one of the characters. Tanner being the best friend in love with Paisley. Always there for her when she needs him most but in the back of his mind always wishing he was HER guy. McKenzie (Kenz) the outgoing girly girl best friend. She has her own "relationship" but she's the kind of girl that just wants to have fun. She gets all her fun but at the end of the night she's going home with Derek. Now we get to Paisley,  the girl with a past that wrecked her for other guys. The girl with a million walls up and won't let anyone in, even her best friend Kenz. She's all the insecurities of the world but blames them all on one person and that one person lead her to becoming a TAG CHASER. It all leads her to Corbin, Mr. "Dreamboat". He has a few secrets of his own. He opens up to Paisley about his dream but is her God in bed. I love that Kandi didn't really stick to the typical descriptions of the characters. These characteristics are more relateable to readers. I'm sure you know someone or you, yourself could relate to one those characteristics.

       Seeing the journey Paisley went on with Corbin absolutely melted my heart. I was falling for him as fast as Paisley, minus the walls. I was leery of him when Paisley was. I loved all the "battles" Paisley had to overcome to get to the end. I loved all the "twist" and "surprises" that came with each secret. They are what made Paisley and Corbin, they are what made the story. You felt Tanner's pain with hearing about Corbin from Paisley knowing he wasn't that guy putting that smile on her face. You felt Kenz's paining for wanting to know why Paisley is Paisley but Paisley not opening up to her. It was full all this emotion, some in a way hidden but I loved it.  In a few ways, I really found myself relating to Paisley. Having all the walls and insecurities. Being afraid to fall and let someone in. In my mind, her walls and insecurities lead to her slight "trust" for Corbin. Even though he had ALL the moves and I mean all the incredible moves. You still always got the sense for his "secrets".

       I put all the quotations because they are the words I chose to use to describe those events and items without giving away spoilers. In the end, I absolutely loved this book and can not wait for Song Chaser. To read Tanner's story. I think Kandi Steiner has become one of my new favorite authors. :)

Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I look forward to hearing your thoughts either on the book or my review or whatever is posted. Thanks!

(I read all my comments and will comment back whether it be on here or your blog)