Monday, January 3, 2011

13 to Life by Shannon Delany


13 to Life by Shannon Delany
Paperback, 307 pages
St. Martin's Press
June 2010

Everything about Jessie Gillmansen's life changed when her mother died. Now even her hometown of Junction is changing. Mysterious dark things are happening. All Jessie wants is to avoid more change. But while showing a hot new guy around Junction High, she's about to discover a whole new type of change. Pietr Rusakova is more than good looks and a fascinating accent--he's a guy with a dangerous secret. And his existence is sure to bring big trouble to Jessie's small town. It seems change is the one thing Jessie can't avoid.
-----------------------------------------------
This was not one of the best books I read but yet not the worst. It took a bit to get into and Jessie annoyed the crap out of me. I was going back and forth with Pietr on whether I liked him or not and still am not sure. Yes, he has the mysterious hot new guy appeal but at the same time he is like all the other characters in this book annoying. I don't know. I just found them all annoying.

Of course, I also read this after reading Crescendo so I was more than likely still stuck on Patch. I more than likely mentally was comparing him to Patch. The story line was iffy but after all the storyline is what got my attention to buy the book.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I look forward to hearing your thoughts either on the book or my review or whatever is posted. Thanks!

(I read all my comments and will comment back whether it be on here or your blog)