Monday, January 17, 2011

The Lying Game by Sara Shepard

The Lying Game by Sara Shepard
Hardback, 307 pages
HarperCollins Publishers
December 2010

What if you had a long-lost twin?
What if she disappeared the day you were suppose to meet?
How far would you go to find out what happened?

I had a like anyone would kill for.
Then someone did.

The worst part of being dead is that there's nothing left to live for. No more kisses. No more secrets. No more gossip. It's enough to kill a girl all over again. But I'm about to get something no one else does--an encore performance, thanks to Emma, the long-lost twin sister I never even got to meet.
Now Emma's desperate to know what happened to me. And the only way to figure it out is to be me--to slip into my old life and piece it all together. But can she laugh at inside jokes with my best friends? Convince my boyfriend she's the girl he fell in love with? Pretend to be a happy, carefree daughter when she hugs my parents good night? And can she keep up the charade, even after she realizes my murderer is watching her every move?
---------------------------------------------------------------

This novel by Sara Shepard is not like Pretty Little Liars. Although, it does have you lying and secrets, I think Sara Shepard has a fascination with lying and secrets. It really makes you think too what if you had twin sister? And what if you could be another person for a day or longer?
It truly was a good book. I can't wait for the next book. It wasn't as good as Pretty Little Liars but then again the first book in that series wasn't the best in the series either. So we shall see what the future for this series brings. I really didn't the dual viewpoint. At least not the way she did it. She mixed Emma's dialog with Sutton's thoughts. I got a bit confused at points as to which girl's mind I was reading. It was still a good storyline just the way it was written bugged me.

1 comment:

  1. I didnt think it was very confusing....and i thought it was a good stroyline but no very well written.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I look forward to hearing your thoughts either on the book or my review or whatever is posted. Thanks!

(I read all my comments and will comment back whether it be on here or your blog)