Friday, January 21, 2011

Expanding My Collection (1)

This will give you an idea as to how I will be doing my post for new books.

Boy Toy by Barry Lyga
"Josh Mendel has a secret. Unfortunately, everyone knows what it is."

Five years ago Josh's life changed. Drastically. And everyone in his school, his town, thinks they understand. But they don't--they can't. And now, about to graduate from high school, Josh is still trying to sort through the pieces. First there's Rachel, the girl he thought he'd lost years ago. She's back, determined to be part of his life. Then there are college decisions to make, and the toughest baseball game of his life coming up, and a coach who won't stop pushing Josh to the brink. And then there's Eve. Her return brings back all the memories of Josh's past. It's time for Josh to face the truth about what happened. If only he knew what the truth was...

Bliss by Lauren Myracle
"Bones, says a voice in my head, Tombs. I stop dead in my tracks, because it's not my voice that whispered these thoughts. And whoever's voice it is, it's not a nice voice."

With its stately, ivy-covered buildings, Crestview Academy seems impossibly grand to newcomer Bliss, but full of promise too. It's here she hopes to make the sort of friends she lacked growing up as the lone child on a commune. Then, behind the happy chatter of her new classmates, Bliss hears the voice, a ghostly whisper about a long-ago murder. There is something lingering in the stones of Crestview, something hungry for power and more. And it is trusting, sensitive Bliss who will unwittingly give it what it wants most--blood sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I look forward to hearing your thoughts either on the book or my review or whatever is posted. Thanks!

(I read all my comments and will comment back whether it be on here or your blog)