Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson

The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
Paperback, 288 pages
Square Fish
September 2009
Everything is different.
Seventeen-year-old Jenna Fox has just awoken from a year-long coma-so she's been told-and she is still recovering from the terrible accident that caused it. But what happened before that? She's been given home movies chronicling her entire life, which spark memories to surface. But are the memories really hers? And why won't anyone in her family talk about the accident? Jenna is becoming more curious. But she is also afraid of what she might find out if she ever gets up the courage to ask her questions.
What happened to Jenna Fox? And who is she, really?
------------------------------------------------------------------
First off this is a Sci-Fi type of book and I am not a Sci-Fi reader. Needless to say, this book was really, really hard for me to get into. In fact, I never really got into it.
With that aside, I fully believe that you love Sci-Fi novels you would like this. This book was just so out there. If I loved Sci-Fi type books I would enjoy this book. It was a bit confusing with the way it had a new topic, so to speak, for each area instead of chapters. I found that kind of nice because it made me feel like I was reading more than I really was.

With that being said. I can not give this higher than a 3-star rating. Because I truely believe I could enjoy it if Sci-Fi was my type of genre. The story line seemed to be enjoyable and it obviously caught my attention because I bought the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I look forward to hearing your thoughts either on the book or my review or whatever is posted. Thanks!

(I read all my comments and will comment back whether it be on here or your blog)