Monday, August 8, 2011

I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
Hardcover, 480 pages
Harper Collins Publisher
January 2011

John Smith has just arrived in Paradise, Ohio, just another stop in a string of small towns where the 15-year-old has been hiding out from the Mogadorians. Those terrifying aliens are hellbent on destroying him and the other nine Loric children who have sought refuge on Earth. The Mogadorians are picking off the surviving kids in numerical order. The first three are dead and John's number is up. Will his Legacies, his defining super powers, develop in time for him to fight against the enemy? I Am Number Four is a breathless page-turner of a sci-fi novel that will have readers rooting for the teen alien who must unleash his fire power to save himself, his human friends, and the planet.
--------------------------------------------------

First let me say DO NOT READ OR WATCH THE MOVIE THEN DO THE OTHER. I did that and found the book and movie identical. I watched the movie first then read the book. At first I loved it but then about halfway through found it getting really dumb and fast. It is like the movie and book were made together. Everyone who sees a movie that was a book knows there are always differences and sometimes ALOT of differences, however, I did not see that with this book.

You are probably thinking well that is every book readers dream to have their book and the movie match up. However, I can say we are all smart enough to know it won't happen and we want to see the differences.

I truly did enjoy the story line and all that but I did not like the similarities between the two. I really had to push through the book just to finish it. For that I can not give it more than three stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I look forward to hearing your thoughts either on the book or my review or whatever is posted. Thanks!

(I read all my comments and will comment back whether it be on here or your blog)