Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins


Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Hardcover, 400 pages
Scholastics Incorporated
September 2009

Sparks are igniting.
Flames are spreading.
And the Capitol wants revenge.

Against all odds, Katniss has won the Hunger Games. She and fellow District 12 tribute Peeta Mellark are miraculously still alive. Katniss should be relieved, happy even. After all, she has returned to her family and her longtime friend, Gale. Yet nothing is the way Katniss wishes it to be. Gale holds her at an icy distance. Peeta has turned his back on her completely. And there are whispers of a rebellion against the Capitol--a rebellion that Katniss and Peeta may have helped create.
Much to her shock, Katniss has fueled an unrest she's afraid she cannot stop. And what scares her even more is that she's not entirely convinced she should try. As time draws near for Katniss and Peeta to visit the districts on the Capitol's cruel Victory Tour, the stakes are higher than ever. If they can't prove, without a shadow of doubt, that they are lost in their love for each other, the consequences will be horrifying.
--------------------------------------------------------

Where do I begin? This book had my attention just as much as Hunger Games did. There were times when I wanted to just smack Katniss and say "wake up! can't you see you do, deep down, love Peeta." (Trying to say this next part without spoilers) I did not see what they had in store the next Hunger Games coming at all. I have completely fallen for Peeta. I believe he is the true definition of a nice guy. Katniss can't do much better than him. Gale isn't in the story enough for me to get a real grasp of him.

I will admit I loved Hunger Games more but this was still a good book. I can not wait to tackle Mockingjay and see where the adventure continues. I only hope that Katniss wakes up and realizes all this wanting to be in Peeta's arms while she sleeps and the sparks she feels when she kisses him at times is not just because. She loves in!!!! That is what bugs me most about Katniss. She is so built up on not marrying and having kids she has blinded herself from seeing how much she truly has developed feelings for Peeta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I look forward to hearing your thoughts either on the book or my review or whatever is posted. Thanks!

(I read all my comments and will comment back whether it be on here or your blog)