Thursday, October 7, 2010

Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel

Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel
Paperback, 326 pages
St. Martin's Press
August 2010

"Throughout all my histories, I found no one I loved more than you... no one."
Those were some of Rhode's last words to me. The last time he would pronounce his love. The last time I would see his face.
It was the first time in 592 years I could take a breath. Lay in the sun. Taste. Rhode sacrificed himself so I, Lenah Beaudonte, could be human again. So I could stop the blood lust.
I never expected to fall in love with someone else who wasn't Rhode. But Justin was... daring. Exciting. More beautiful than I could dream. I never expected to be sixteen again... but then again, I never expected my past to come back and haunt me.
-------------------------------------------------
I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about this book. But to be honest, I did end up liking this book. However, for me it had a very slow start. I felt like I had to force myself to keep reading. Once I got to about page 65 it began to draw me in but it didn't fully have my attention until about 100 pages into it.

I am not saying I hated or disliked the book. I did throughly enjoy it and will more than likely read the next book. Okay, I will read the next book. At first I thought it was going to be one chapter in present time and then one chapter going through her past with flashbacks. However, the flashbacks/memories started occurring in the middle of the chapter or in random places of the chapter and then go back to present time. That really bugged me. For me I didn't find her memories really that important until near the end of the book.

I loved how realistic high school clique's were in a way. When Lenah was being treated rudely or talked about behind her back by the "Three Piece" for me that was an accurate display of high school. However, how easily the "Three Piece" became her friends when she started dating Justin was a little fishy.

I really did enjoy how this was a unique vampire story. A story of a vampire being turned back into a human. Ultimately that is what caught my attention in wanting to read this book. Seeing Lenah's struggles for adapting to human life were very interesting and realistic too. I am glad Rebecca Maizel didn't just have Lenah all adapted to human life right away. She portrayed it in a sense that if this were real life this is how it would really happen.

One thing that has begun to bug me not just for this book but for most paranormal books is how when someone who is say a vampire tells a human that they are a vampire the human is all cool with it and acts like it is no big deal. When Lenah's friend Tony found out that she was a vampire he was all cool with it however, when it was revealed to Justin his reaction was more realistic.

I read the sneak peek at the end of the book for Stolen Nights and I must say I will definitely be getting that book to read the sneak peek was only the prologue and first chapter but it had me going "OMG."

1 comment:

Leave a comment! I look forward to hearing your thoughts either on the book or my review or whatever is posted. Thanks!

(I read all my comments and will comment back whether it be on here or your blog)