Saturday, November 6, 2010

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
Hardcover, 427 pages
Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
October 2010

Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but at least she got a guardian angel out of it. A mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever (if that's possible) and what's worse, he seems to be spending time with Nora's archenemy, Marcie Millar.
Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Patch hadn't been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude, Nora finds herself drawn to him--despite her lingering feelings that he is hiding something.
If that weren't enough, Nora is haunted by images of her murdered father, and comes to question whether her Nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death. Desperate to figure out what happened, she puts herself in increasingly dangerous situations to get the answer. But some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything--and everyone--she trusts.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let me tell you if you loved Patch in Hush, Hush you are bound to love him in Crescendo.
This review may end up being short because I am trying to find ways to write it without giving away to big of spoilers or any spoilers for that matter. So for the contents of this review what I will consider a spoiler is something that is crucial to the storyline.

I loved the way that throughout the book when Patch was being intimate with Nora, trying to show her his affection or so to her, he called her Angel. I loved that the irony in it but also the intimacy you felt from it. I absolutely could not put this book down. I literally read it in 15 hours. I got so angry at Nora so much but I still loved Patch. Everytime Patch came into play I was always getting a bit giddy so to speak. Whenever Nora started being stupid or acting like an idiot with Patch I would get pissed off at her. I have to say that for me I loved this one alot more than Hush, Hush then again in Hush, Hush I really did fall Patch until about halfway through so for Crescendo I was already in love with him. Patch does still has his jackass, jerk, bad boy moments which I love.

I absolutely can not wait until the third installment comes out next year. Unfortunately I can not write much more without giving any crucial away. But I have created a chat box that should (if it works right) act as a pop up in which case if you are someone who wants to talk about in depth feel free to join in however, if you have not read it and wish to have no spoilers simply ignore the chatbox below.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I look forward to hearing your thoughts either on the book or my review or whatever is posted. Thanks!

(I read all my comments and will comment back whether it be on here or your blog)