Saturday, January 24, 2015

Time Out, Valentine by Melinda Dozier

Lexi’s life is one big dump. Or so she thinks. To keep her mind off her latest breakup, she stays busy with work. It’s no big deal, since writing for Time Out Portland Magazine is a blast…except for the one small snag – Grant Reeds. Grant, a shy but sexy computer geek, is new to Time Out, working as the Networking Director for the online magazine. Even though Lexi thinks he doesn’t notice her, he sure as hell does. The owners have a plan for their upcoming Valentine’s Special, pairing up the two to explore romantic date ideas around the city. Soon, Lexi and Grant learn that the old adage, “Opposites Attract,” can ring true.
***********

I received a copy for review.

I loved this book. I mean, how can you not love a book where the first sentence is "Out of 100,000 sperm you were the fastest?" The love/hate relationship Lexie and Grant have is fun to watch as it unravels into a love relationship. I love how you have Lexie who has sworn off men, Grant who won't do office relationships anymore and their bosses who pair them up for a romantic project for Time Out.

This book had me happy, giddy, embarrassed and mad at times. Yet, I still couldn't put it. Grant and Lexie drew me to them. I could picture Grant as having the looks of Leonard from Big Bang Theory and Lexie being Penny. There was just something about them that made me think of that show and those two. I guess it was the unlikely couple duo.

Melinda Dozier did a fabulous job drawing you in. I only wish it was longer but OMG the ending I did NOT see coming. You're going to have to read it to find out what happens.

5/5 rating

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I look forward to hearing your thoughts either on the book or my review or whatever is posted. Thanks!

(I read all my comments and will comment back whether it be on here or your blog)