Thursday, September 25, 2014

Wild Card

 


Wild Card

Volume 1 and 2
by Missy Johnson
Self Published
September  3rd and 16th
Reviewed by: Louisa


Volume 1 Synopsis:

I'm hot, I'm British and I take what I want. I'm also the number one ranked tennis player in the world. But it's my off court antics that gain the most attention. I cruise through life, running from one scandal to the next. Hell I can't even take a piss without the world knowing about it.

Rules? Who gives a shit?

Rules are there to be broken and I'm the king of breaking them.

But even the king can be bought to his knees. I'm sidelined with an injury that changes everything.


And suddenly I'm left thinking that maybe my life isn't so perfect after all...

Volume 2 Synopsis

I’m so fucking pissed off that she would do this to me.

I really thought we had something, but instead, I’m left feeling like an idiot.

All I want to do is go back home and forget the last few weeks ever happened, but I’m stuck in this stupid country teaching tennis to spoiled rich kids who care less about playing than I do.

All I want to do is forget about her.

But things are never that easy, are they?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you may have seen, the new trend we are seeing in books lately? Serial novellas. Some people may not like them, but I am not one of those people.  I enjoy a quick story and I actually love that Missy Johnson has the next volumes being released within a few weeks of each other.  

Both Volume one and two are under 100 pages and are quick reads.  After reading a "long" book, 6-8 hours, I find it a nice change of pace.

We are introduced to Ryder and his bad attitude on page on.  And it only gets better from there.  Ryder is a man whore who within minutes of the beginning of the book has 4 ready, willing and able girls in his room and he's about to take advantage of his stardom...but what happens will have you laughing out loud.

After a little "incident" Ryder finds himself unable to play tennis.  He begins to find time for the things he has been neglecting...his fan mail.  He receives a letter from Jake, an X fan, that changes Ryder's life.

Ryder's mom, Scarlett, never expected a call from Ryder.  That call will change and Jake's letter to Ryder will change their lives.

Volume one begin the friendship between Ryder, Scarlett and Jake.  Ryder becomes a caring and thoughtful person and begins to open up about his life with Scarlett.

Volume one also ends is one heck of a cliffhanger, but don't worry...Volume 2 is out and you can right to reading it!

Rating: 4/5

At time of posting...Volume one FREE on amazon: http://tinyurl.com/movplr4

Volume Two

Ryder's life has been turned upside down by Scarlett and Jake.  With some mis communication between Ryder and Scarlett we are unsure that their "relationship" will continue.

We see the softer side of Ryder in Volume 2.  I like to see the man-whore, jerky guy show that he can change when the right girl comes along...there is hope for those men.

The twists and turns that come about in Volume 2 isn't what I was expecting, at all!  Missy has thrown a curve ball in this story and I can't wait to see how it all ends

Rating: 4/5

Volume 2 Amazon link: http://tinyurl.com/l7cp7xz

Volume 3 releases September 30...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I look forward to hearing your thoughts either on the book or my review or whatever is posted. Thanks!

(I read all my comments and will comment back whether it be on here or your blog)