Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Shooting Scars (Book 2 in The Artists Trilogy)

Shooting Scars (Book 2 in The Artists Trilogy
By: Karina Halle
Release date: August 20, 2013
Published by: Forever
432 Pages
Kindle Edition

A Dangerous Kind of Love . . .

When Ellie Watt offered herself to her thuggish former lover Javier to save Camden's life, she never imagined the twisted game Javier had planned for her.Trapped by him and his entourage of killers, Ellie is forced to commit a dangerous, heinous crime-or Javier will kill Camden. Now ex-con artist Ellie must find a way to stay ahead of the game . . . before it destroys her and the only man she ever loved.

Camden McQueen can't forget Ellie Watt. Seeking revenge and pursued by the authorities for a crime he didn't commit, the talented tattoo artist does things he never thought himself capable of to save Ellie. As Camden straddles the line between love and retribution, he vows to do everything in his power to get her back. But if Camden unleashes his dark side, will Ellie still love him?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first book I read by Karina Halle was Love, In English and once I read that book, I needed to read everything she has ever written.  Her writing style is unique and captivating.  I read Sins and Needles and needed to read this book ASAP.  Somehow, it was lost in the shuffle and I never read it. When the opportunity came to read this book, I JUMPED ON IT!

Ellie is one of the best heroines I have ever read in a book.  She's a bad ass and won't take crap anyone...well, except Javier. She loses the little bit of confidence she has when she's with him.  She is determined to save the life of Camden and will do almost anything to make sure that he stays alive. She has a strong exterior but inside she's just a frightened little girl and you often see flashes of that little girl in her, with her poor choices, and your heart just breaks. I am hoping to see an even stronger more confident Ellie in the next book.  

Camden isn't all that different from Ellie when it comes to his love and devotion to her.  He will do just about anything to keep her safe and get her back safely from Javier. He has given up his whole life to make sure that Ellie returns to him. 

And there is Javier. Karina has written the book on how to write an evil, demented man like no other. Javier is just the most down and dirty villan I think I have ever read about. He just says what's on his mind and does whatever he feels is necessary, no matter what the consequences. 

I thought at one point in the book that I had an idea as to where the book was going, but, NOPE! The twists and turns in this book are epic.  They keep you wondering til the last moment. I believe every emotion came out of me while reading this book; anger, frustration, sadness, joy, love, betrayal, elation and definitely some tears.  

If you are looking for a light, fun, happy go lucky, unicorns and puppy dog book...well don't read this. This book is raw, real and amazing!

Now on to Bold Tricks because I have to see how Karina is going to end this fast paced and exciting story of Camden, Ellie and Javier.

Another gem by Karina Halle!

Rating: 4/5 Stars

An ARC was received for an honest review

Purchase Links: http://tinyurl.com/nfh4mho

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I look forward to hearing your thoughts either on the book or my review or whatever is posted. Thanks!

(I read all my comments and will comment back whether it be on here or your blog)