Friday, October 3, 2014

The Devil's Contract

The Devil's Contract (Contracts and Deceptions Book 1)
By Claire Contreras
Self Published
May 25, 2014
260 pages
Kindle Edition

They say one wrong turn can turn your life to flip inside out, but to Amara Maloof, it was the only turn she could take.

The choice was simple: Her or her family. The outcome... not so much.


Thrown into a world of promiscuity and mystery, Amara finds herself stuck between her old life and a new one, where sex is a requirement and secrets can be deadly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amara and Colin's relationship had me from the get go.  Their passion and love for each other was palpable.

Amara found herself in a position where she must go against her morals and beliefs, but she is willing to do everything and anything to save and keep her family safe.

I was heart broken while reading this.  The predicament she finds herself in just made me so sad for her.  I understand why she did what she did, but how she did it was beyond me.  The scarifies she makes for her family is undeniably one of the best story lines I have ever read.  I was so torn at times, yelling at my kindle and crying because she will do just about anything for her family.

The story line is hot and a bit dark at times. Claire had me on the edge of my seat for most of the book.  I couldn't stop reading,  I had to know who the "secret" man was behind all of the deception in the book.  I also couldn't figure out in my mind, how Amara would get herself out of this...

I couldn't wait to read the Sinner's Bargain.  My next review, in fact, is THAT!

Rating: 4/5 stars

Purchase Link for AMAZON: http://tinyurl.com/lduzbch



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I look forward to hearing your thoughts either on the book or my review or whatever is posted. Thanks!

(I read all my comments and will comment back whether it be on here or your blog)